Thursday, December 11, 2014

I'm gonna blame my return to blogging (though 1 post is hardly an official return to something that was a daily habit for years) for my recent return to my super late-night schedule. Last night I was up until 4am and woke at noon.

My schedule had been relatively normal, waking up in mornings on most days, but with 3 days in a row of not working until the evening, I'm back to my old ways ;)

The real reason I've been up so late is that I've been making real progress on my opera. I'll be honest, I've been stuck for about 6 months on how to END it. I'd worked all the other scenes, but I finally had nowhere else to go. All that time of thinking of possibilities and never being happy with them must have done some good, because now I'm excited about the ending. I'm moving things all around to make it work musically and have been really enjoying this work for the last 2 or 3 days. I'm sad to say that feeling (about the opera) had been missing for a while.

In any case, I'm excited about the work right now, so I won't waste any more time on here blogging, but I just wanted to let you know things are moving right along.

I dare say I might have the piano-vocal version done this calendar year. Seeing as that was once my plan for the summer (hey 4 months ago...), that would be mighty fine!

No comments: