Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The animals that punctuate our lives and blogs


I just heard a noise in the living room...
who or what could it be?

OSCAR!

My long-time blog readers may remember Oscar from Christmas of 2006 when I housesat for my friend, Binky. Oscar is her cat and he is pretty awesome. As you can tell from the picture, he doesn't like the camera flash.


Growing up, there was always a pet in the house, be it a dog, cat, or budgie. Living on my own, I haven't had the time or money to take care of a pet; I've survived, but I was happy to have the chance to cat-sit for a few weeks. My roommate and I have been enjoying his antics since he arrived earlier this morning and he seems to be adjusting well to his temporary home.

As I looked up 'Oscar' and 'cat' on my blog history, I was reminded of the different stages of my life that Oscar has been involved... [dream sequence]...

December 2006 - January 2007
I housesat for Binky. This was my first time actually living away from my parents' home, other than a summer camp type experience. Wow, it wasn't until 23 that I flew the coop... Anyway - this was a nice opportunity to experience independence. Oscar kept me on my toes, barely letting me get any knitting done without attacking!

Summer 2007, or was it 2006, ya, let's go with 2006...
Binky and I went on a road trip, drove from Winnipeg to Vancouver (how apt that he should be visiting me in Vancouver this time around). We dropped him off in Saskatchewan because he didn't like the car very much... It was during his stay in Saskatchewan that he developed his habit of spitefully shitting on beds. He only did it twice, but it was done with such malice!

Today
I suppose that's not all that many times he's appeared on my blog, but he's my favorite cat nonetheless. I took that picture about an hour ago - he was lounging atop my piano. I'm glad I had the foresight to press in the silent piano pedal.... he just plopped himself down on the entire middle register of the piano!

1 comment:

The Illustrious D said...

"Oscar kept me on my toes, barely letting me get any knitting done"

Your testicles called. They miss you.

xo