Thursday, August 26, 2010

Old Yearbooks

As I mentioned earlier, when my parents came to visit, they brought everything that was mine from their house in Winnipeg - books, cds, photos, etc. I'm in the process of putting things in appropriate places and I just stumbled upon some old yearbooks...

Middle-School Michael was a horrible, horrible person! In
1995-96, I went through and defaced dozens of pictures and wrote some pretty damn mean things.

Teachers - I suppose this isn't surprising, I scratched out a bunch of faces, drew boogers coming out of noses and wrote, "I'm a monkey" beside one teacher who I can't even remember having for anything...

I never went to middle school with my sister, but some of her friends were in the grade above me. On these young ladies, I drew mustaches and boogers.

Even my own friends were victims of my douchery. At the time, I was really close with 3 guys, 2 of whom I still keep in touch with. Ironically, it's the guy I fell out of touch with that I must have been with when I was writing/drawing these things because his yearbook picture simply says, "I'm cool". One of the guys had long hair and we always m
ocked him for it, as well as other things - I lengthened his hair and blacked out some teeth on his picture. Finally, I feel the worst about what I wrote next to one of my best and oldest friends - "I suck at the trumpet". We and the friend I was writing this with all played in the trumpet section together and were always competitive. I know I didn't really mean it (he was really a very good trumpeter), but I do feel bad for writing it, so I'm sorry Jon!

I also feel bad for making fun of the fats and the gays.... Karma - that's why I got fat! haha
I guess I had gaydar back then - I drew a women's haircut and the words 'tee hee hee' around one student who was particularly effeminate and has since then come out. I also hate that I so stereotypically made fun of the fat kids. I was so insensitive and I apologize to everyone for everything!

Anyway, here's an old picture of me from the '95-'96 school year. I would have been in grade 7 and I was about 12 years old.

2 comments:

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

Dude burn those things and bury the past!

The Illustrious D said...

You were an adorable 12 year old, Mikey. Woulda hit it hard.