Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Birthing Day!

I'm in Manitoba.
Winnipeg was decent - nice weather, friends and family.

I came in especially for my grandfather's 90th birthday. He was happy to have so much of the family in for the event and the dinner was delicious. Also, it was deliciously awkward and tense - I LOVED it! At the same time, I'm beginning to tire of the same old family tensions. Can't we all just get along?!?

Speaking of good family times, I'm up in Thompson visiting my sister. It's a 7-8 hour drive from Winnipeg - eek! I will be here for less than 48 hours before heading back to Winnipeg for wedding-ish stuff. Apparently, my phone is completely useless up here - no 3G coverage means the phone does nothing! I suppose it's refreshing. Now that I've wasted time troubleshooting, I'm sure that nothing can be done and I can enjoy my time sans-cell!

Anyway, I had plan to get things done this trip, but that's out the window. I'm just going to enjoy my birthday and the rest of the trip.

happy birthday, world!

No comments: