Thursday, September 09, 2010

For Garry

One of the things I miss about playing for dance classes was the improvising. I would just play freely - not worrying about being original or even terribly creative. When I improvise at the piano, I feel like it's the easiest way of expressing myself.

Below, I'm posting an improv I recorded this evening. I recorded it on my Yamaha Silent Piano, so it's midi, but impressively so. I'm actually quite happy with how the tone sounds, etc.

Anyway, there's a reason why I'm posting it. I was recently informed that a dear family friend, my uncle Garry is losing the fight to cancer. His kidneys have shut down and he's moving into palliative care. His wife sent out an email, to which I wanted to reply earlier, but I just couldn't find the words.

So, when words aren't enough...

No comments: