Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It still amazes me that I'm only in the city once ever 2 weeks,. and still I post more often than people who are here all the time. Oh well, I'm in a good mood, so no need to complain.
Basically I have begun to feel at home out at the lodge. The people I work with are like family, but even more fun. My worries about making enough money at the job have been lessened by my boss. Anyway, I think I don't care anymore about that.... I will make enough money to pay for school... and I'll have income coming in next year, so it's all gonna be good, or at least tolerable.
I'm not getting enough practicing or composing done up there. It's not that I can't find the time... I'm just not motivated. There's really no good reason. Boo.
The Jonny Cash book I bought last time I was in town was a big hit with coworkers and some diners... but it didn't do well with the tips. I think that country music is too pedestrian, not in a bad way, but it doesn't give people that sense of "this young man is a gifted musician who should be tipped", rather it makes them think "ah, good times y'all... get me a bottle of whisky and a banjo and I can do this too".
It's a subtle difference.
Ya, my bosses are wonderful. One of them gave me a ride into the city and when I said I was going to be in thursday night on the bus, another boss said "but you don't work til friday evening.... give my daughter a call, she's coming in sometime friday, she'll give you a ride in."
Im glad to be in town. I don't really have anything I need to do like shopping or anything, and I have a day longer than I did last time when I had tons to do, so it's relaxing time! woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I disagree: new times also shout banjo's and booze.

wel, maybe not banjos, but definetly booze.
mmmm booze.
(i'm on lunch, or else i would totally go find some booze right now).

Nice to hear from you, miss you!