Thursday, June 01, 2006

Today I had some running around to do. I bought some deodorant, toothbrushes, cookie baking betty-crocker bags, underwear, yet more discount socks, then I went to the sheet music store, I bought lots of country music and the essential Jonny Cash collection... now I will fit in up there. I still had time before picking my mother up from work, so I went and bought a violin. It cost more than I was planning on, but apparently it is a good instrument and will last a long time. I will spend the summer becoming a virtuoso, and you will all be shocked and pleasantly surprised in the fall. The theory is that if I take it with me to the middle of nowhere, at least there will be relatively few people to hear the badness that is sure to ensue.
Grr, I spent far too much money today... but on the otherhand, I have spent next to nothing out at the lodge. If I do pay to eat at the restaurant... I get cheap meals, or a good discount, but I've been cooking my own meals a fair amount of the time. The only thing that i'm spending more money on than I would here is booze... I had actually cut back a lot of drinking lately in the city... rarely at all.. but now there's not much else to do in the country than work, drink or sleep- so I've taken up drinking again. Nevertheless, drink prices are quite reasonable, and I will keep a healthy limit on my booziness.
Anyway, last night something changed. I won't get into details cause it's very fresh, I'll perhaps comment next time I'm in town. I'll just say that I had to do something very difficult. Nevertheless, because of the other person involved, it was not as uncomfortable as I thought it might have been, and I thank them for being such a great friend in that regard. I hope that they were being honest in the front I was shown, as I appologize for any discomfort or awkwardness I caused.
I think that's all for now, once again, I will be in town next around June 12-15th ish. Hopefully I will be able to see more people then. Driving around today reminded me of just how much of a contrast there is between the city and the Narrows. I must admit that I'm still a city boy at heart, but I am enjoying my life out there as a down-to-earth rancher/lumberjack/exterminator/pianist.

No comments: