Thursday, June 15, 2006

So I called my boss to find out if I can get a ride into the city tomorrow or if I need to leave tonight. I didn't get a certain answer on the ride... but I don't have to work until Sat morning, so it's not a pressing issue. This means that I still have til tomorrow night at 8pm to get a bunch of fun stuff done.
Tonight is going to be a gooder! I am going to the second Mozart concert with Chris and Davey. I have been doing uberwell with the visiting of people this trip.
I was also somewhat productive while I've been here. One of my composition projects for the summer is a set of variations for piano. I now have the theme entered into the computer in a state that is very close to what it will be as a final outcome. I think this will probably have been the most difficult part of the composition... writing the theme. If everything else is going to be based on it, it needs to be just right. The type of variations I am doing are not quite the standard Mozartean ones where you maintain some of the elements and then rewrite it so it's just different enough... rather I'm going to use the theme as a template upon which I will directly mark the changes.
Anyway, I'm starting to feel that I'm going to be productive with composing this summer... but I haven't felt that way about piano. The good thing about my piano practicing is that I am using my time very wisely and efficiently... the problem is that a few hours a week are simply not enough, no matter how efficiently I use them. I just need to buckle down and actually get around to practicing. This year's recital is going to be huge and I need to have a LARGE head start on it.

No comments: