Sunday, May 17, 2009

I feel like I've been doing nothing with my summer so far.
I'm working so at least I'm making money, but I can't get motivated to do any writing - the story of my life!
The Scriabin piano piece I'm learning is coming along quite well.  I haven't spent too much time on it, but I only have 3 more pages (of 10) to learn before I've learned the whole thing.  It's intended to be a quick study, so I won't spend time memorizing it, but I think I'll record it so I can listen and see what needs improvement.  
I feel that I'm close to finishing with this piece, I don't intend to spend more than a month on any piece this summer, hopefully less so that I can learn a fair number of pieces.
I'm starting to wonder what my next piece will be.  Perhaps I will learn some Kurtag - I love him and there are lots of miniatures which would be fun to learn.  I played a selection of miniatures in undergrad, but I did a major research paper on him in my first year of grad school so it would be great to play some more with a broader knowledge of how he composes.

I'm on my second Sure-T infusion set.  So far, I've had two situations where my sugars were super-duper high - the infusion set is a suspect, but I'm not sure yet.  I will change the site today and find out if I am actually having the same problems as before.  
On the positive side, the Sure-T is incredibly comfortable!  I don't like the fact that there are two adhesive patches, because that's more bandaid-ish pain when I remove it, but other than that, it's fine.
It's actually just as comfortable as some of the canula ones I first wore.  
Anyway, I will keep you all updated on how they continue to work.

No comments: