Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yesterday I started on a new infusion set - the Sure-T.
I love it much more than the Polyfin already.  The Sure-T has it's own adhesive patches and the release mechanism is one-hand-manageable - it's actually the same type as the Silhouette which I used earlier.
I was running high through most of my shift at work last night, the timing says it could have been the new site, but it also could have been underestimating the amount of jujubes I was eating.... Oh so irresistible!
Eventually they came down.  The time it took to come down was eerily similar to the problem I was having before with the cannula ones.  I had no problems with the bent steel needle Polyfin ones, so I'm hoping that I will have a clean run with these ones too.

Physically, I love this new set much more than the other one:
-integrated adhesive patches means I don't need to use bandaids anymore
-the tubing is MUCH shorter and is the perfect length to just sit in my pocket, or be clipped onto the top of the pocket.  The previous set had a really really long tubing set- 43 inches compared to the current which is less than 24 inches.  

No comments: