Sunday, June 07, 2009

My convocation is tomorrow.  I won't be going to the long, boring ceremony; rather, I will go to the short ceremony of only music people that has food afterwards.
I will get to talk to my roommate for next year about how we are going to hunt and find an apartment when both of us think it's too damned expensive to make a trip out there in advance.

This is going to be an expensive next few months.
I have money set aside for the rest of rent and whatnot in London.  Pretty much 80% of my paychecks are going straight onto my mastercard.  I want to pay it down completely - in theory to get out of consumer debt, but in reality, I will need to have room on my card for:
-a trip to Winnipeg fairly soon
-the flight to Vancouver
-moving my things to Vancouver
-buying new furniture when I get there, bed and desk should be enough to get me by
Oh ya, I should also make sure I have some fluid cash to pay for first month's rent and deposit and the sort.

Despite the fact that I've been bitchy about and at work, I've been having a good week and making lots of money, so I'm thinking this will be a good summer for money.

I had my first of this month's Sunday church services; I'm filling in for a friend who is out of town.  It went well, and the reverend commented that something clicked this morning - I sounded like a natural.  I thought I did a pretty good job last summer, but I'll still take it as a compliment.  

No comments: