Tuesday, June 30, 2009

metablogging

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been blogging much lately. I'm just working and that's about it. It's amazing how you make make whatever you do take up all your time. I know you can fit a lot into a day, because I've done it, but lately I do not much, but it still takes up all my time.

I've been trying to work out every day, and I'm succeeding most days. I do a latin dance inspired core training workout video - I enjoy it and it's a challenge so it keeps me going. I don't want to have an elaborate workout plan, I just need to make sure that I'm getting my heart rate up for around 45 minutes a day. I aim for everyday because I'm aware that failure is imminent, so if I get used to failing on a regular basis, it won't be so bad!

The other lifestyle change I'm attempting is to eat better. Working my call centre job is not making it easy, but I'm trying. Basically, I just need to stop eating out. Things I make at home are better for me and cheaper.

In other news, I go to find a place to live in Vancouver next week. I'm very excited!
Travel is all booked and we will be staying with my second cousin who lives right in the middle of where we will be looking for a place.

I will post slightly more often.

3 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

You said:
"Basically, I just need to stop eating out. Things I make at home are better for me and cheaper."

Yeah, that's true for me, too. After lots of experimenting and record-keeping, I've come up with a very specific diet that works for me. Unfortunately, it involves a lot of avocados and red bell peppers, which aren't standard veggie items in every restaurant.

Michael Park said...

Thanks Jim.
I LOVE red bell peppers - I try to use them in everything I make.. even when it's not appropriate.
I've heard that Avocado is a wonder-food, maybe I'll start buying it.

Anonymous said...

any updates coming ?