Thursday, November 04, 2010

Day #4

I've been feeling out of sorts for the last few days. I won't lie - going on Metformin has been kicking my digestive system's ass. At the same time, I'm also feeling out of sorts due to my sugars. Here's the odd part - it's not that my sugars are jumping all over the place, which can throw you off, instead they are staying very stable; I haven't had a sugar over 10 since yesterday at noon.
That's the reason I'm on the new drug - having a day where you sugars don't go over 10 shouldn't be such a surprise! Anyway, my sugars have been trending downwards (I had to snack on leftover* halloween candies while cooking dinner tonight) and that can make you feel kinda wonky, a little stoned even. I haven't been able to concentrate on working for the last few days, so I've just been staying pretty close to home and not getting much done.

With some diet adjustments and some bright-pink juice, I'm feeling better, but not yet 100%. Either later tonight or tomorrow, I will lay out my sugar logs from the last few days and look for some trends so I can start adjusting my basals.



*let's be honest, I didn't give out halloween candy this year, I shut the blinds, turned off the porch light, and hid.. I did, however, buy discount candy on Nov. 1'st!

No comments: