Sunday, November 07, 2010

Days 5, 6, and 7

Oopsie, I failed already!

In good news, I've been very good and regimented with my glucose tracking. I've been testing about a dozen times a day, keeping track of all my carbohydrate and blood glucose numbers. After I made a few very minor changes in my basals, it appears that they're good and holding me steady. Carb ratios are also seeming to be in check.
There's no surprise here, but the only real problem with my pump is that my sugars are jumping up around pump change time. I was hoping that Metformin might be a magical solution to that, but no such luck.

Possible solution to my infusion-set problem that I will test out next:
Change sets LONG before they even come close to expiring on me! As in, wear a Quick-Set for 2 days instead of 3. Last year, I tried a milder version of this, but I couldn't afford to shorten the life of my sites quite so much in Ontario- now I'm fully covered, so I can afford to do the tests I need to do to get real answers.

I'm looking forward to seeing if it solves my problem, but if not, it's back to the drawing board again!

No comments: