Thursday, January 20, 2011

1 down, 7 to go!

In terms of my big deadlines for this term, I finished one last week. I took the weekend off and relaxed, but now I'm right back at it!

The piano piece came together quite nicely. I met with the pianist and we had a great reading/question session. I am very much looking forward to working with him on the piece, and ultimately having him perform it.

My next deadline is the soundscore/video for the graphic novel on which I've been collaborating this year. I bid my money adieu and bought ProTools with an Mbox Mini 3 because, let's face it, I don't have time to learn a new program to do a soundscore within a week!
After that, I have the "Michael Park & Friends" concert; I need to keep reminding myself that, while I can lock myself away to finish a composition, piano pieces cannot be learned that way, so a nice steady approach to that rep will be best.

I've been getting much more organized lately. In addition to my post-it note big deadlines that are attached to my calendar, I seem to be constantly updating little daily or weekly to-do lists. Between the program co-ordination I'm doing for this summer, my compositions, my thesis preparation and libretto gathering, doctors appointments and medical paperwork that's popped up, there's just too much to keep in my untrustworthy memory... While this is definitely the busiest time of my life, I think it's also turning out to be my most productive, as well!

Ok, back to work for tonight, and then off to bed!

No comments: