Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Almost finished a piece...

Originally the deadline was yesterday, but my pianist extended my deadline by a few days, so I'm a little wee bit more relaxed in my approach to finishing up this piece:
Stories Men Tell

The middle movement is a love story, and it's quite likely the most beautiful thing I've ever written. I don't think I went too overboard, but there's a chance it's a little cheesy, but I think I'm fine with that! Two of the movements are finished, giving me 2 days to finish up the last movement and then tidy everything and assemble some stellar performance notes and do some sort of title page. I'm not as excited about the final movement yet... it should be a lot of fun, but I haven't had that moment of inspiration/breakthrough like I've had with the other two.

Anyway, there will be a performance in April, if not March, so I'll make sure to put the recording up when that comes to fruition!

No comments: