Thursday, January 13, 2011

Starting to feel run down

It's Wednesday night/Thursday morning and I'm trying to put the finishing touches on my piano piece. I need to make sure the piece is structurally complete tonight because I imagine I'll spend all of tomorrow just editing and making sure the piece looks good on the page,and writing program notes etc. I hand the piece over to my pianist on Friday, but I have zero time to work on it at all on Friday.

Friday is out for productivity because I have class, then I teach and then I meet with the pianist shortly after that. Oh ya, I have readings to do for Friday....
All this adds up to = too much work! ergh...

Basically, I'm starting to feel tired. I've been on a horrible sleep schedule for over a month now. I don't go to bed before 4am, and that's fine when I have nothing to wake up for, but lately, I've had classes and meetings. I've been running a sleep deficit and I'm starting to feel it.

Anyway, just one or two more days, ish. I'm very much looking forward to Saturday when I have nothing to do until 7pm, and that's a friend's birthday dinner - fun times!


In other news, the meet&greet for the Art Song Lab went swimmingly tonight - I wish I had time to go into detail, but this year's event is quickly gathering momentum - lots of excitement and positivity around the whole thing!

No comments: