Saturday, November 22, 2008

After the fact, it occurred to me that I just took my last normal daily injection of long-acting insulin. The dose I will take tomorrow will have been lowered, and then I will be on the pump.

As of 10:30am ish on Monday, I will be on the pump. It's finally setting in that this is actually happening. Being on the pump has always been in my mind as such a far off thing - it's odd to think of how close it actually is. Even as I'm typing this, I keep thinking that I won't actually be benefiting until the first few weeks of set-up are done, but that's not true.

Bottom line is that I'm anxious, apprehensive, nervous, scared. Of course, I won't actually let these feelings negatively effect me, but that is just how I feel right now. Tomorrow, my last day as a non-pumper will go by far too quickly - diabetes aside, I have so much to do: ballet exam rehearsal, and of course learning that music beforehand, writing massive chunks of my thesis, paperwork, printing out scores for the people who are writing reference letters for me, and organizing myself for the pump start...

No comments: