Monday, November 24, 2008

First Day Done

Today went quite well, better than I had feared.
Now, I'm sleepy.

The morning class went over a lot of stuff in detail, most of it I knew from reading and practise, but important safety stuff.
I talked to the nurse and she agreed with my plan to fix the basal rate for today, and as of an hour ago, I'm on the prescribed rate, so we'll see if that is enough to keep my sugars stable overnight. I get to wake up at 5 am today to check my overnight sugars. That means I should go to bed soon.
I had to change which pocket my wallet resides in because the pump renders its home pocket inaccessibleish. Tonight is my first sleep with the pump and the tubing - I'm wondering what the likelihood of pulling it out while I sleep are, but I imagine they are pretty slim.

The insertion of the infusion set was rather painless - that's the thing that serves as the membrane between the pump and my insides. As the day goes on, I can't decide if I'm actually experiencing any discomfort from it. It doesn't hurt, but I can feel it on and in me - I suppose that's just a sensation I will need to get used to.

No comments: