Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I filled some of that empty space on the wall in my room with post-it notes. It's like a tangible calendar of my deadlines and other notes to keep me on track.
Unfortunately, the notes don't stick very well to my wall, so I will have to find a more reliable adhesive which won't damage the wall.

I am into my last week as a syringe-using diabetic. I realized today, as I took some insulin in my German class, that it would be my last time taking an insulin injection in a lecture. My next class is Monday, so if I need insulin then, I will simply press the button. When I press the button, it will make a little noise, which is a good feature, but that will be a whole new issue to deal with - how many alarms and beeps I will put up with. Eventually I will set them all to vibrate, but to start I'll keep them all on so I get used to how and why it will make noises at me.

I am going to be getting new glasses sometime soon. One of the eyewear retailers here has a 25% off sale on frames for this month, so I will likely get them within the month. It's not that I need new ones, or that my prescription has changed, rather I have 200$ of insurance coverage for glasses while I'm at UWO so I need to make use of that before I'm done.
I currently have 2 pairs that I wear. My daily pair is conservative, but has transition tinting (not recommended), the other ones are much more stylish with blue arms. I am trying to decide if I want something zany just because I can, or another conservative frame so that I don't need to put up with the transitions anymore. Suggestions are welcomed, though I might pick them out tomorrow.

No comments: