Sunday, April 05, 2009

I don't quite understand...
Now that I've finished the thesis, it feels like I'm the busiest I've been all year.

I've been cleaning all weekend.  My roommate was showing the place for next year, we had a birthday party for a friend, and my parents are arriving for the week on Monday.

I've been learning dance music all week.  I have literally hundreds of pages of music that I will need to play rather well for the Royal Academy of Dance exams starting on the 15th.

I've been sending lots of emails back and forth for many reasons, outlined below:

The performance of my thesis is now going to involve me.  In order to  get the strongest performance, we've split the solo part into separate pianist and narrators.  Because it's so close to the performance, I'm pretty much the only one who knows the text well enough to pull off a performance.

I'm trying to decide on what to do next year.  I'm still waiting to hear back from one institution; I cannot make a decision before I hear from them.

I need to decide what to do this summer.  I've been offered a job as a summer camp counsellor specializing in Musical Theatre.  I'm not sure if I want to take it or not:
-the decision will be influenced by what I'm doing next year
-pros = upstate New York in the Adirondack mountains would be gorgeous, I would be able to make a difference in the lives of children
-cons = the schedule leaves little to no time to myself, so I would get NO writing done, the pay is not as good as I had hoped
At the moment, I'm leaning against doing it.  I'm thinking of spending the last month or two in Winnipeg.  I need to decide quickly so I can start looking for summer work in Winnipeg if that is what I decide.
I'm leaning more and more strongly the more I think about it.
I'll likely be moving semi-permanently so I want some time this summer to spend with friends and family.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Another road trip Michel?!