Friday, April 10, 2009

So much to tell!

This has been such a busy week, and it's only been a few days since I last posted.

Family is still here and it's wonderful!  We've been eating out way too often for our own good, but oh well.  My dad had made an agenda, but we've barely done any of the stuff on there.  It has nevertheless, been a very family-heavy week.  I've discovered that my couch is much more comfortable than an old camping air mattress.

Thesis Performance - come and gone.  I was stressed to have been part of the performance process, other than attending rehearsals as the composer.  Things were not quite coming together as I hoped they would leading up to the fateful day.  The day of the performance, we had our last dress rehearsal and it was just plain not good enough.  I wasn't sure what to do.  I took some time to myself and convinced myself that I needed to do my best and be positive no matter what.  I did an interview with Rogers TV and I felt great.  Somehow, the performance came together and it felt great and went spectacularly.

 I watched the DVD today.  I didn't want to, but the family did and there were people that weren't there for the performance.  I should have left the room.  I was so self conscious.  My voice sounded so super-gay, and I hate it when people sound super-gay!  The video was also focused in on me the entire time, and I hate watching myself.  Watching the DVD so soon after was possible one of the most horrendous experiences of my life.

When I got home from celebrating the thesis being performed, I had an email from UBC in my inbox.  Long story short - it was an offer I couldn't refuse; I have, since then, accepted it.
Next year, I will be living in Vancouver, working on my Doctorate.  Without going into details, let's just say that I will not have to worry about finances anywhere near as much as I have in the past.
I still haven't heard from the DAAD people, but I have already made my decision.  It feels good to know what my future holds.

Ok, family is here for a few days more so I will make the most of it!
Goodnight.

No comments: