Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Bed, Finally, almost...

Today, I bought a bed. It will be delivered on Friday morning between 11 am and noon. I got a really great deal, but even so a bed is a large expense. It's scary that I only got my scholarship paycheck yesterday, and the money is already almost all spent.

I've been sleeping on an air mattress since arriving here. I know that two more days is nothing in comparison, but now that I've spent the money on the bed, I want it NOW! Also, the air mattress is deflating more and more each night. I should make that a priority tomorrow - finding the hole or leak so that my last night without a real bed will be as comfortable as possible.

My diabetic supplies are finally being sent from Ontario tomorrow. I'm not sure when I will get them, but I don't know if I could wait much longer.
I was informed that they won't be able to do it for me again because my doctor mentioned that I was no longer a patient - because my new doctor requested my files. There's nothing I can do about it, BUT I'll complain anyway. The pharmacy fucked this one up - they wouldn't let me control how things were ordered, I had to go through a middle man/lady. Had they been able to tell me exactly what prescriptions I had available, I could have made do, BUT they tried to fill too much of one insulin type, meaning they had to talk to the doctor.
I'm not even getting the full 3 months out of them, but OH WELL! I'm glad to get anything from that wretched place. I hate Ontario and I'm glad to be done with it. Mumbly mumbly grr fucker mumbly!

Also, I'm fucking sick! Sniffles and runny nose make me pissy!

In other news, first rehearsal for the Schnittke went pretty darned well. My ensemble mates are really good players - this is going to be a good experience!
They weren't overly friendly - I made sure to ask all of their names and actually remembered the names, I introduced myself and tried to ask them a bit about themselves. They weren't rude or unfriendly, they just weren't super welcoming. I imagine it is mostly because they all know each other already, so I'm an outsider, but I won't let that effect anything.

I started working on the Adams Hallelujah Junction - it's hard. I ran into my piano duo partner and we did a walk'n talk. We're on the same page about the piece - both needing some time to look it over before even thinking about getting together.


Happy - I had a great first real lesson today with my advisor. Anyway, I need to sleep. It was a long day and there is a lot to get done in the next little while.

No comments: