Monday, January 11, 2010

A Day of Opportunities

I was awoken this morning by a phone call. Long story short, I now have 2 piano students back-to-back on Fridays. I've been wanting to teach piano for the last few years, but the opportunities didn't present themselves easily and I just couldn't have made it a priority - especially without having a decent piano where I live. I will be going to their house for weekly lessons, which is not ideal, but they live decently close.
I'm glad that this adds two wonderful things to my life: Structure and Finances!

The concert I will be playing on Feb. 1st is coming together, slow but sure. Also, there were some mentions today of other opportunities for the Composers' Collective, through which I could likely pursue my piano career. I feel good about myself as a pianist - quite a difference from how I was feeling fresh out of my undergrad.

So far this year, I've played two concerts, both of which had only one or two pieces. On the Feb 1st concert, I will be playing for about 40 minutes in five different pieces. It will be a definite step up: a greater challenge. There's lots of work to do yet, and 3 weeks in which to get it done!

No comments: