Sunday, January 24, 2010

So little time...

It's not overwhelming, and I still feel pretty in control, but I'm getting a wee bit uppity about some upcoming things.
On Friday, I am playing at a new music university conference at Simon Fraser University, representing UBC in a couple of pieces. I just got the score for one of the pieces the other day and I haven't taken it to the piano yet. It won't be hard to pull together for the performance, but I'm not exactly thrilled about a last-minute addition in what is already a busy week.

In terms of the 'Michael Park and Friends' concert, I feel pretty prepared for myself, but this week will feature 2 first rehearsals. Long story short, this week will simply be spent largely at the piano.
I need to spend some quality time with my 'Alzheimer Variations'. I wrote them and have played them once before in concert, so I haven't worked on them much recently. There are some difficulties that I need to work out, however, before I perform them this time around.

Of course, there is also school. Over last weekend, I became exceedingly stressed that I would have to add on a whole extra course, over an already full courseload. After all the huffing and puffing, nothing has changed; I just wasted a lot of time and breath...

While this is a fairly stressful time, I'm enjoying it. Keeping me going are the promising opportunities that are on the horizon.

Oh, I forgot to mention, over the last week and a half, I've had two sets of friends staying at my apartment. Fun times have ensued, but I would be lying if I said it didn't have an impact on how much time I've spent working. Nevertheless, it's definitely been worth it!

No comments: