Monday, May 17, 2010

As I become more active during this beautiful weather, I am momentarily missing the insulin pump I was using this time last year.
And now the moment has passed.

Time never seems to align properly; last year, I was not very active at all, but now I am doing some kind of physical activity pretty much every day or second day. It would be great to be able to adjust my basal insulin, but that's just not going to happen!
I am going hiking on Tuesday, and since that takes up a substantial chunk of the day, I will be cutting my Lantus almost in half. Last hike, I dropped it from 36 units down to 25, this time I'm going to 20.

Today, I had to sit out of the last half hour of my Kung Fu class. After an hour, of chugging orange juice between exercises, I ran out of juice and my sugars were 4.2. It wasn't safe to continue, knowing my downward trend at the time...
I ate lunch not to long before, so I could have done with much less insulin for that meal, but then my sugars would have been higher going into the class, and I would have felt shitty.
It's a hard balance to find, but I'll keep trying!

No comments: