Sunday, May 02, 2010

School is done and I'm not going to talk about it!

I've rediscovered my love for the t.v. show Married With Children!
It's fantastic, and I will not hear any nay-saying about it.

I'm excited to get into the full swing of the summer:
The other day, I went for a picnic with some friends on the beach and we played frisbee. As you may know, I tend to swear... a... lot, especially during competitive things. With board games, this is ok because we're usually in a private residence; when I play foozball, it's in a bar, so it's not out-of-place; when I'm playing ultimate in a public park with families and children running around... OOPSIE!

This is very much going to be like a childhood summer - I don't really have to work, and I don't have school - I basically get to do whatever I want for the next few months. I'll still be teaching piano and I'm taking a German course in May/June, but the majority of my time will be free.
I want to play as many gigs as possible. I will be writing as much music as possible also.


So, a few weeks ago, my new choral pieces were premiered. Even if you weren't able to make it, you can hear them now:
Click Here and listen to the first two audio boxes on the page.
Apparently, they were well received - or so said Ernest Whitmore (American Guild of Organists) when he described them as "incredibly creative and polished pieces."
Hooray for publicity!

No comments: