Monday, May 31, 2010

It seems I have squandered away the month of May without doing any of the work I needed finished. I have no real complaints, I've had a great time, but now I need to get down to business - lots of things to get finished/started in the next few weeks.

Diabetes-wise, things are pretty good. I tried to use the CGM the other week - after about 5 hours of "lost sensor" and "bad sensor" messages, I gave up. I'm pretty sure they're past the expiry date, so I'm not surprised, but the expiry dates on these things come up far too quickly! No one can afford to use these things too regularly, but you almost have to unless you want them to go bad , which they apparently actually do.
I only have one sensor left, after which I can't see myself having the funds to buy more, nor the motivation. The technology, somehow, is still infantile and unreliable. Yes, it can shed some light on trends and the intricacies of rising and falling sugars, but it takes an incredible amount of work and luck to get it working properly.

No comments: