Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Back to the Books!

I'm not really a reader. I read articles for seminars and I read blogs and various things on the interwebs, but that's about it. I can't remember the last time I read a book from start to finish for fun. I've tried many times, but I get side-tracked and lose interest.

Today, I went to a bookstore that was having a 50% off sale. I got a nice selection of things that piqued my interest and I'm looking forward to getting around to all of them. I really need to get myself back into reading because I have loads of books coming here in about a month. When my parents visit in August, they're bringing my library of books and music. I'm excited, but realize that it might be a complete waste unless I actually start reading the books.

One of the books I bought was John Gay's The Beggar's Opera. At only 65 pages, I managed to read it in one day, though not in one sitting. I sat in a park and read for a while, I read while walking for a bit, and then I finished it off curled up on a chair in my living room.

I finished the Golden Girls series the other day, and I'm more than halfway through the Golden Palace... I don't think I should get caught up in another series this summer, so I'll replace internet t.v. with books!

1 comment:

The Illustrious D said...

PLEASE do a post reviewing Golden Palace. I would love to hear your thoughts.