Saturday, July 17, 2010

Time to get the gears in motion...

I haven't been blogging, I haven't really been composing, I tried starting a knitting project, but that's been moved to the back burner...
I've fallen into the slump of summer.

I've been reading, ish... not as much as I thought I would when I bought those books, but little bits help - baby steps.

This has already been a very social weekend for me, and the sun hasn't even risen on Saturday, yet. On Thursday, I went to a friend of a friend's going away shin-dig at an irish pub - it was cozy and fun. Contrast that with this evening's adventure to a dance club... too many people, too many loud noises, skanks, punks, ugh... I'm old, but I've always been this crotchety - I hadn't drank nearly enough to have enjoyed the bar tonight, but it was ok... the free drinks made it worthwhile.
I would be happy to never go to another loud-music-style bar ever again. Take me to a pub, a dive, a martini bar, or any similar place and I'm happy. Conversation and table service are the name of the game.

Also, thanks to a group of my friends, I've rediscovered an old favourite game - Asshole!
My, how we used to play it in the high-school cafeteria...
I like nostalgia.

No comments: