Sunday, October 09, 2005

I tracked her down

To start go here
The Adventures of Batman and Robin
It's totally super bad, it just makes all the standard jokes, but presented in a blunt, stupid and terribly amusing manner. It made me a little happy, I hope the same for you.
Yesterday I did manage to track down my choreographer. Before I found her though, I had heard that she had talked to the woman organizing things and told her she didnt want to work with me anymore. I was angry. Finding that there were no other people available to work with, I realize that I am screwed if she actually bails on me. I ended up talking to her, and I really made very little if any attempt to censor myself. She took personal offence to some things, like my implications that her piece would have no motivation, no inspiration unless she decided on it at the outset. I couldn't really be angry at her too much, because she kept on justly pointing out that she is new to this, and has no experience. But at the same time that comment reminded me that I had wanted to work with someone with experience choreographing, so as to avoid PRECISELY the situation I'm in right now.
I think we have things worked out as follows:
-She is going to decide on a basic framework of the piece, deciding how she wants the dance to progress... how many sections and the emotion/mood therein.
-Provided with that information, I am going to start composing short motives, or soundscapes that she can use to start having inspirations of choreography. She seems to think that she can not come up with anything unless she has some sound going on in the background.
-Using these soundscapes, she will start to choreograph.
-Once she is done choreographing each section, I will fit the style of music of the soundscape and mould it into the perfect fitting musical depiction of the movements she has chosen.
She has assured me that she can make this method work. It Better. If not, I will be angry.
But for now I'm letting any bitterness and anger I have reinforce my developping artistic temperment, which tells me that this is going to be a fully inspired and passionate project. Sure, we'll go with that for the moment.
Oh ya, the reason I couldn't get ahold of her is because she moved right after she gave me her number, and then theres a new phone number, which she didnt think to give me, and she also didn't think to call me in light of me not having her number, even though she was supposed to call me in the first place.

No comments: