Sunday, October 30, 2005

sicky, and Im falling apart

Im sickish with something. I've had it for 2 weeks at least closer to 3. Basically my only real ailment is that I have a terrible cough and a mild degree of phlegmatism. Nevertheless, on thursday of last week I was at the peak of my illness, I had random cold sweats and stuff that made me think I had a fever, but that was only for the day. I also had mucle isms: partially achy but also a little lethargy. For this reason, I've been avoiding practicing too intensely lately. It hurts mentally to not practice much, but I know myself. I have enough problems with tension and stress in my wrists, I don't want to overuse anything if it could cause damage. I've actually been doing well in that department. I've combined a battary of stretches and relaxation techniques that I developped while attempting both manual labour and pianoing during the summer (very taxing). I haven't had any problems really since the peak of the summer, but I started to feel the strain this past week, so I'm being proactive.
In terms of falling apart, here is a little backstory. I had a root canal a few years ago. Now Im in the process of getting a crown on that tooth. On Tuesday they did the tooth shaping and gave me a temporary crown. I didn't understand exactly how temporary this crown was to be. They mentioned that I should not floss it or eat sticky things as it might come off. So what did I do thursday night?I ate candy. What happened? It broke off.
Friday morning I called the dentist as soon as I woke up hoping I could get an appointment that day/afternoon. She told me to come as soon as I could, so I didn't shower and rushed there with stuff for school. I had to wait and it took a long time, but I had my temporary crown once again. Fastforward to friday night, Im eating salad at Tropikis with my parents and what happens... I had been eating on that side of the mouth and once again, in the same spot, the tooth breaks. I don't care anymore, if its gonna keep breaking Im not getting another one!
Other than those things, all is well. I partied like it was 1999 this weekend.... literally, I haven't been binge drinking to this extent since around then...(thats a lie..ohwell). It was a good weekend filled with 2 halloween parties, a long day at work, a bake sale during the work day, La Bohème(AMAZING!) and much much more!
I think Im gonna stay in tonight and get lots of stuff working. I have assignments to work on and practicing to get done, maybe I'll head to the school tonight to be productive. Im almost done my piano rep assignment, then I'll do some stuff for 20th Century. Yippee!

No comments: