Tuesday, May 13, 2008

byebye Winnipeg

Zippidy-doo!

My time in Winnipeg went by so quickly and now I'm leaving for Orlando in a few hours - after a week there, I will be back to my life in London, trying to find a job and actually starting to work on my thesis.
But let's not talk about that now, a few highlights from my time in Winnipeg:

Chris's recital last night - amazing; also, hanging out with Chris after his recital was exactly what I needed before leaving town. Thanks Chris for coming out even though you were exhausted and famished.

Puppy-niece - I need to post pictures; she is delightful and so cute. Such a bundle of energy. She was a little much to handle, at times when you didn't want a flailing crazy dog jumping on/around you, but I love her so much. I am such a proud uncle.

Thompson in general - Visiting my sister and brother-in-law was awesome. I wish I could see them more often.

Parents - I'm glad to see them doing so well in their retirement! Sitting in the passenger seat with my mom driving... there is no experience more delightful or nauseating - so much swearing and picking on each other; I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Wine night - hanging out with some of the U of M composers was great, such fun exciting people!

Dance Research - it sounds too academic, all it was was watching, and chit-chatting with some people I've worked with in the past. I got some great insights and advice, plus I got to see a wonderfully moving dance piece that integrated dance, music and text. I'm excited to get home and get to work on my own collaboration.

Mumbly, mumbly, off I go!

No comments: