Saturday, May 31, 2008

updates

I went to see the apartment. I liked it, it was very funky. The main problem was lack of windows - the windows all faced the building nextdoor... 2 feet away. The rooms did have a skylight and a fire escape which provided light, but my roommate can't live without natural light windows in his room.
The search continues.

Much earlier this year, my chair broke and since then I have been mumbling about getting a new one. Today on my walk home, there was a pile of things left out with the trash - vacuum, lamp, clothes rack, chair, etc. - obviously being thrown out. I walked on, then returned to take a look; I left again, and half a block later I came back and wheeled the chair home. It was very noisy, but worth it. The chair is a little water logged from having spent the day in the rain, but once it dries out, it will be perfect (and free)!
The search is over.

I had a job interview today. Aside from being waterlogged myself, it went very well and was told that I would get a call when there comes and opening. I am not terribly worried, because it is telephone work, so the turnover is high, but I was really wanting to have a job right away. I will continue handing out resumes and looking for work in the interim.
This search is in limbo.

No comments: