Monday, May 26, 2008

The job search sucks. I put in a fair bit of effort for the first bit, but then I became bitter and not as willing to go door-to-door, whoring myself out to employers. I haven't stopped altogether; I actually applied at the knitting shop 15 minutes walk from my place. It wouldn't be the best paying, but I think this could be a damn good summer job. Actually, at this point any job would be damn good.

The weather here has been beautiful lately, except for today. Today it was too hot, 28C, feeling like 31C was just too much - it felt like I was back in Orlando. The few days before were sunny and clear and about 13-17 degrees, my happy temperature!

I've been sporting parts of my new wardrobe lately, but I realized, it's been a waste - my contact with people since getting back to London has been minimal. Now that school is out, there are so few students here, and the non-students of London are generally even less fashionable than the wannabe-Toronto fashion sense of the students... Actually, I'm certainly not one to talk, but I'm missing the school year right now, even if only because there is no-one to notice my feeble attempts at being stylish-ish.

No comments: