Friday, May 30, 2008

job search updates

I got a call back from a job as a medical delivery driver. We did a telephone interview and I was kicking some serious butt and she was noticeably impressed with my answers. Then she started asking simple official questions. There presented no problems until the last one, 'just a formality' she said.
'Because of the nature of the job, we can only hire people who qualify for our insurance policy, so can you just verify that you are 25 years old?"
DAMNIT!
Part of my wishes that they had put that in the job description, or as the first question of the interview, but the other is happy that I got a call back and did the interview - they definitely made me feel better about the job hunt.

On some friends' advice, I ended up calling someone about a high turnover telephone solicitation job; I have an interview on Saturday. I may be overly cocky, but I have the feeling that I'll just be walking into this job - I interview well, and it's high turnover anyway, I'm sure they'd take anyone willing.
The problem with the job is that it is five four-hour evening shifts a week. It's good because I'll be done by 9:15 pm, so it won't hurt the lack of socializing that is my life, but their calling hours limit the amount of hours I can work, and therefore money I can make.
At this point, I'll take what I can get!

Earlier this year, I let it slip that I'm a thong-knitter. Since then, a few Londoners have requested to see pictures, so yesterday I finally searched out my thong model pictures and posted some of them on facebook. So far, it's been lots of happy, positive feedback, although I haven't heard much from the Londoners.

No comments: