Saturday, October 25, 2008

Over a week without posting...

I will certainly forget to mark the occasion, so I'll mention it now. Soon, I will have posted 750 times - I reckon that is a lot. I seem to be slowing down, so who knows if I'll make another milestone before finally giving up on this obviously out-of-fashion blogging craze.

The weather has cooled off quite a bit, it seems I missed sweater weather. I live for the weather from 12-18 degrees, and it seems to be hovering under 10 most of the time I'm outside, so just a little cool to be outside too much without a light jacket.

The construction on the main drag in London, right in front of my apartment, seems to be nearly, if not completely finished now.

Right now, I have two major things. I have a meeting with my adviser on Tuesday, and I need to have a lot to show for the 2 weeks since I last saw him [I have a little now, but I need much more]. DAAD is due on Nov 1'st in New York. I've printed out the scores and the application for it, so I need to finish the proposal and a few other details.
My plan is to focus solely on the thesis stuff right up until my meeting, and then spend the rest of Tuesday and Wednesday on the application.

After this application, I need to focus on the thesis and just stay focused until it's finished!
Applications will continue to taunt me - I will be applying to the three German schools associated with DAAD, as well as any Canadian, US or other schools I decide upon.

Another thing distracting me - I'm doing two quasi (unpaid) commissions for a prof at the school. One is an edit/rewrite of a piece I previously wrote and the other is something completely new. Both are close to being finished. They fall into my after-DAAD to-do pile.

Oh SHIT, I just remembered that the Student Composer Concert is on Wednesday = I will get nothing done other than supervising the dress rehearsal!

I finished my telemarketing job the other day. It was a summer job which was supposed to pay off my credit card as well as keep me alive during the summer. It kept me alive, but still hasn't done the other... A few weeks ago, I was thinking of buying a macbook ona whim, and I started applying for the student loan I had ignored, and now I realize that I should have that money out either way. I hate money and all things financial.

Ok, I need to get to bed so I can wake up tomorrow and get a heck of a lot done!

1 comment:

The Illustrious D said...

750 times?!

Jeez, Louise...Mazel tov.