Thursday, October 30, 2008

Today makes me feel good.

I finished, out of necessity, writing my letter for DAAD a half hour before it needed to be FedEx'ed. I rushed to put the package together and then got it there just in time.
It's almost out of my hands. All that is left is to get the second letter of reference from a prof and then mail it in.

Next step is to apply to those schools, as well as any other schools.

November will suck.


I got paid by the university AND the ballet school today AND I deposited my cheque from the telemarketing job. On my way home, I paid my outstanding dentist charges and then when I got home, I completely paid off my MasterCard. It will be a few days before I get the satisfaction of seeing the balance at zero on my computer, but I feel very very good about this!


Last night was the student composer concert. I didn't have anything played, but the other 2nd year Masters student and I were in charge of organizing it. When the show was supposed to start, there was no stage manager, so we ended up having to move all of the stands, chairs and piano between every piece! It's not the worst thing in the world, but I was really looking forward to watching the concert from the audience - but I guess there is no reward for the organization of concerts - just the satisfaction that the show went well. It did go well. I'm somewhat satisfied.

No comments: