Friday, July 31, 2009

I got my blackberry and it's resulted in a few changes.

My old cell phone would last about a week because I barely used it for either talking or texting. The blackberry battery really doesn't last that long, mostly because I am using it a lot for applications and the internet. People tell me that the first battery charge goes the fastest, so I'll bank on that. I'm on the second charge now and it is going slower, but I'm already using it less.
The Telus network has been having technical issues lately and I think my internet is going slowly on the phone because of that. The website is also not letting me add the other 2 numbers onto "My 5 National" numbers.

With the blackberry, everything is so interconnected. Part of my internet routine is to open up a bunch of tabs with my multiple email accounts. I'm fast at it, but it is still a process I have to go through. I added my email accounts onto my blackberry and now I don't have to check them; I'm notified as soon as a new message is received.
I should qualify that - blackberry seems to not get along with hotmail at all. It does not properly communicate with my hotmail email - I knew this in advance, several people told me that they just check their hotmail from the website. I'm not sure if it is the network problem or not, but even the website won't work for me. I typed in my email and password, but it said I couldn't log on. Now, the website won't even load!
I had set up a new hotmail account with a more grown-up address and I've been in the process of switching between them, but now I'm thinking that I might as well just drop hotmail altogether. I have a gmail account that I could easily start doing all my business from.
Also, I now have a UBC account, so I'll have all of my academic business going through there.

In diabetes land, things are going well. For the last few days, I've been taking 120% of my basal doses - my sugars were elevated because of illness. I still take the same amount for meals and it seems to be working super well - my sugars are better controlled than they were before I was sick.
I'm starting to feel vaguely better, but I have a feeling this bronchitis or whatever will stick around for a while yet...

No comments: