Sunday, July 26, 2009

I'm sick.

I caught a cold in Vancouver. I don't think I've ever had just a cold that goes away after its course. It inevitably develops into something else, like a sinus infection or bronchitis. I don't know what it is this time, but I don't like it. I'm drinking lots of tea and resting today. Last night I stayed in and watched a movie. Today I've done the same and I'm going to watch another movie while I eat dinner.

I had long been thinking about getting a smartphone when I move to Vancouver. A few days ago, while checking my account activity online for my pay-as-you-go phone, I noticed that Telus had updated the 'my offer' section - incentives for you to upgrade your plan or whatnot. Previously, I had nothing there, but now there are loads of incentives.
Smartphone plans are rather pricey. The most important thing for me is caller id and voicemail, which always cost extra, so I wasn't exactly jumping on the bandwagon for a smartphone. One of my offers includes free voicemail and caller id for the length of my plan.
I also realized that there's no reason to wait for when I move; there will be enough new things in my life when I move to Vancouver that the phone would just be an added stress. Logically, I should get it sooner than later!
I'm going to be getting the blackberry storm - it has a big touch screen. Typing things will be slower than the other blackberry options, BUT still faster than freaking T9!
Anyway, I'll be ordering it into next week and then I'll update once I get the phone!

No comments: