Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vancouver - my new home next month!

On Friday and Saturday, my new roommate Nancy and I were apartment hunting like mad people. Vancouver is a crazy place to be looking for rentals in - there are very few two-bedroom apartments and they're all ridiculously expensive compared to London, Ontario.

My thoughts are that the better the city - the higher the rent. I'm willing to pay more to live here because it has worlds more culture, beauty and opportunities than London. Vancouver is also one of the more beautiful places I've been. In how many cities can you touch the ocean while looking at the mountains?

The weather had also been beautiful the entire time we were searching. I'm still here for another few days, but Nancy headed back out East. We put in an application, but weren't going to hear back until after Nancy had gone home. We had resigned ourselves to that fate, but then we stumbled upon a marvelous basement-ish apartment in the Kitsilano area - halfway between the university and downtown. It's ridiculously close walking distance to everything that we could want to do - restaurants, coffee, hair dressers, groceries, clothes stores, and lots of trendy things.

The apartment is above ground, spacious and at the bottom end of our price range. Anyway, I'm super excited and we'll be moving at the end of the summer. Possibly driving... I LOVE ROAD TRIPS!

Ok, bye for now - time to go grocery shopping with my wonderful hosts.

No comments: