Sunday, February 21, 2010

Post 950

As the first half of my Olympic sized (2 week) reading week comes to a close, I realize just how little I've gotten done, and how quickly time passes!
I've gotten some stuff done, but the bulk of everything will happen this week.

Keeping me looking forward is the confirmation of my first professional, paid engagement as a pianist. Though I've been paid to play piano before, that was always within the educational system - school recitals or festivals.
I will have more details as they come together, but I will be playing three pieces in a concert at one of Vancouver's new music festivals in April.
I'm reasonably certain that getting this gig had something to do with the success of the 'Michael Park and Friends' concert, which was one of my intentions: to promote myself through that concert in order to get further professional opportunities. While the upcoming concert is an end in itself, it also presents further opportunities to promote myself for additional opportunities. Hooray for feet in doors!

In other news, one of my nearest and dearest friends recently got engaged. Suffice it to say, no one ever thought they would see the day that she would settle down, but that day has come! This is such exciting and happy news, I can't wait for the extravagant party that will ensue!

1 comment:

Queenie said...

What a great feeling that your professional career is really starting to take off! Keep us informed of everything. I'm glad to hear that your concert was a success!