Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Slowly getting into the Olympic spirit

I'm not a big sports person... that is, I'm not really interested in sports at all.
The Olympics haven't really changed that, but I'm getting more into the Olympic spirit. I've even watched a few events with online streaming; more accurately, I've looked at the screen and paid slight attention when my roommate is engulfed in the events coverage.

It can be argued that the olympics have had either a terrible or wonderful effect on my sleeping habits. This is because I am taking advantage of the free things that the city has to offer lately.

The other day, I went zip-lining over downtown Vancouver!
It was free, but you had to wait in line to beat the crowd. It opened at 10am, so we got there at 7:45 am to secure our spot in the line. There were about 40 people in front of u
s, so we we zipping sometime just before 11 am.
I drank a lot of coffee, but it was still super early for me!

Tonight, I am faced with a similar challenge - another fantastic opportunity tomorrow morning. Some friends and I are going to see a taping of Stephen Colbert, but they tape at 9am, so we're leaving at 7:15 am... YIKES! Nevertheless, he is my favourite television personality so I will surely be there!

Ok, enough about the mornings.
There is a new addition to my animal family: a teddy bear.

His name is Ghetto Bear.

He is pretty awesome, in case you can't tell.

My roommate made his sunglasses because I am not good at making eyes and noses. They were creepy, but now they're cool!

Much like the elephant, he has multiple colours.
It's hard to have enough yarn for a whole project...

There is another bear that is all one colour in the works. I'm just waiting to get fiberfill instead of plastic bags because I'll be giving that one to an infant - safety first!

Anyway, off to bed for me; nobody wants a cranky Mikey tomorrow.

3 comments:

The Illustrious D said...

So glad that I checked my blogs before work this morning so I could watch you flailing across metropolitan Vancouver. Twice.

Also, Ghetto Bear needs some knitted bling.

Queenie said...

The Ghetto bear is awesome. How can you look at it and not laugh out loud? Too funny...I agree with adding some bling to the bear. Perhaps a huge gold chain would look good on him.

Queenie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.