Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fin des olympiques!

After a relaxing two-week reading break, the Olympics have come to a close. In their wake, I have an Olympic amount of work coming at me this week.

I will be finishing the second of my two choral pieces within the next few days.
On Thursday, I will be presenting/leading the discussion in my seminar class.
For my contemporary players course, I will start learning one or two new pieces to be performed sometime this next month or two.
I will be learning 4 pieces (one of those is my own Piano Trio) for the Sonic Boom new music festival, to be performed on April 8th.
I still need to line up a baritone for my conversational piece 'Gramps Ain't No Namby-Pamby'.
I will be teaching piano lessons on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.

Because of the piano-heavy nature of my tasks that lie ahead, I'm going tomorrow piano shopping. Ish. The piano-teaching income, in addition to helping pay down debt, will free up some budget room to rent a piano. I've been finding it increasingly hard to survive without a piano. Nevertheless, I have and I will continue to do so, for a short while longer. With any luck, I'll have a piano by next week!

No comments: