Thursday, March 04, 2010

lab results are in...

I got a referral appointment acceptance letter from my new Endocrinologist's office today. That was super quick, but I guess they were just waiting for the results from my latest bloodwork.

Speaking of, I also got the results of said bloodwork, which was for Cholesterol and Creatine. My creatine is fine, but cholesterol is teetering just barely outside of the happy range.
[Michael, take this as a kick in the butt and make that lifestyle change thing happen!!]
I'm not sure if it's so bad that they'll be putting me on a prescription, but I'm hoping I'll get an ultimatum. As in, I want to give myself that ultimatum, but it sounds more convincing from a doctor...

In reading up on how to raise my good cholesterol and lower my bad, I found that people should avoid a diet where the majority of calories come from carbohydrates...
I know the answer, but is it bad that my brain followed the logic thusly:
'Grain alcohols like rye have calories but no carbs, maybe I should just drink more...'?

I know it seems like I'm treating this too flippantly, but welcome to diabetic apathy! I'm fighting it every step of the way.

No comments: