Saturday, March 20, 2010

Two new additions to the living room.

1)The long-awaited piano.
It makes me incredibly happy! The silent feature is awesome and there are not enough words to describe how helpful it is and will be.
It looks super shiny, but it's actually 32 years old - I checked the serial number and it was made sometime in 1978. Nevertheless, it sounds good and the action is clean and responsive. With a big concert only 2 and a half weeks away, it could not wait any longer.


Sitting on the music stand is the newest knit creation. His name, in my mind, shall be Teddy Chach. I made him for a friend who is expecting a baby any day now. It was a bit of a fiasco getting the stuffing... I called about 5 or 6 craft places within reasonable travel distance, but they were all sold out and waiting on backorders for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I imagine that there was some kind of trade embargo on polyester, probably stemming all the way from the 60's, something to do with leisure suits...
Anyway, I finally got a call from one of the stores, informing me that they had finally gotten the shipment in, but it was too late. My mother solved the situation. She sent me an Easter care package which was tenderly packed with polyfil stuffing! It was the perfect amount to stuff Teddy Chach and some left over for my next project!

Anyway, things are going well and my roommate and I are both excited to have the piano in the apartment, though it means we have to redecorate/shift furniture around, but that's not much of an inconvenience!

2 comments:

Queenie said...

It does look so bright and shiny! I love your newest knit creation as well. Where are the sun glasses and bling? This Teddy must be more reserved!

Queenie said...

It does look so bright and shiny! I love your newest knit creation as well. Where are the sun glasses and bling? This Teddy must be more reserved!