Sunday, March 07, 2010

I'm actually getting work done tonight and I think I can get the piece finished this weekend.

In other news, I got lightbulbs today.
Normally, this wouldn't be newsworthy, but I had been without switch-operated lighting for over a week. Just days before the ceiling light burnt out, I had bought a floor lamp for my room; because of this, I did not treat the light burning out as the tragedy it truly was. For a short while, since we had an electrician staying on our couch, I debated the possibility of changing the wiring so that the light switch would control my lamp as a viable alternative to getting new light bulbs. Laziness prevented this from actually occurring.

Since going off the pump, I've been using Lantus from the 10ml vials. While the syringes were a nice reminiscence for a bit, I've been missing my fancy Eli Lilly pen that I was using for Lantus when I was in Ontario. I hope I just left this in Winnipeg during the move, and didn't throw it out. Anyway, I can't make sense of why, because I store it in the fridge, but the vials of Lantus seem to be expiring or losing efficacy near the end of each vial... after 2 days of high sugars, I finally switch bottles and my sugars magically return to normal. Long story short, they now have the Lantus in prefilled pens - 5*3ml - and I got those yesterday. They actually include a disposable pen with each cartridge - seems a little wasteful, but then again, what isn't wasteful about prescription packaging! While these pens aren't as nice as the Lily one, they're decent - a big step up from the previous Solo star pen I used a few years back!

Oops, I got distracted - back to work with me!

No comments: