Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gah Mumbly Poo!

I hate computers! My laptop is once again not letting me connect to the internet! Yesterday evening it was fine, and then right before i went to bed it stopped. It's connected to the wireless router, but not getting internet. Worse is the fact that my roommate's computer is still getting internet, so I know that it's something purely in my laptop that has gone awry.
I hate these stupid technical problems.
I have officially decided that as soon as I am in the financial position, I am switching to Macintosh. Every prof and classical music person in any way involved in the university uses a Mac of some sort. I'm told that the programs interface better on mac system and they don't have the techno glitches that I am experiencing more and more often on my computer.
At some points, I had prided myself on being able to fix the myriad of problems that I have with computers. Now I'm just to the point where it is taking up too much of my time. Maybe I didn't value my own time enough, but I know that I'm not a computer expert and I don't want to be.
Fuck it!
I wish I had a few grand right now so I could just buy a nice iMac and macbook to pair together, but alas I don't.
Why the hell does all of this stuff have to be so complicated?!? The internet was working perfectly yesterday and then suddenly, I didn't change any settings or add any new programs; nothing. It just stopped working for no reason. BLARGH!

I'll spend a maximum of 20 minutes on it now and then I'm going to shower and work on composing.


UPDATE:
I got ahold of tech support, she told me to unplug the router and modem, so I did, but that disconnected the phone so I was mad a bit, but then when I powered them back up again, all was well. At least I know what to do next time, but there'd better not be a next time!

No comments: