Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Today was the start of official business at school. Orientation was 2 hours of my morning. Lots of information that was somewhat relevant. The lines were too long to wait for a student card or bus pass, so I'll avoid that as long as I can.
My program consultation and TA meeting were at the same time today, I figured that I could do the first quickly and then make it to the meeting. The consultation was only 15-20 minutes, but by the time I got to the meeting, I was left with the only 4 remaining teaching slots-
I am teaching sight singing to second year undergrad students. We are using the same textbook as I did for Basic Skills.
-9:30am Mon, wed and fri and then another slot on friday... Yuck.. I don't like mornings.
I had intended to be so efficient with registering and getting paperwork filled out, but I completely forgot. I need to get papers signed for Manitoba Student Loan and the Manitoba Arts Council bursary. Those two are the bulk of my funding for the year, so I need to get on that ASAP. It will still be 2 weeks before I even get the cheque/money. My funds are already starting to dwindle, so that is kinda priority.
I don't have classes or anything tomorrow, so I will get all my paperwork done and student card and bus pass. Aside from a meeting with my composition prof, I don't really have anything until next week. I start teaching my class before I actually take my own classes... haha

It was a rather social day for me. After the TA meeting, I should have remembered to get my forms signed, but I got distracted by people and went to a welcome back little get together thingy at one of the singer's apartments. Then we went to a music grad student thing at the grad bar on campus. I hung out with all of the 5 people in the MMus Composition program. They are super nice and really friendly. We are going to have a composer night next week, so things are starting off well already!

I'm excited to see my friend Brandy play a concert. I looked it up and it's only 2 blocks from my apartment so I can just walk over. That is friday night after my composition teacher meeting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excessively commenting on your facebook and blog tonight.
You may say it is because I am excessive.
Or you may say it is because I miss you lots.
A little of both is about right :)

Anonymous said...

everything sounds like it is going really great! Congrats!