Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm going to try to touch very briefly on all the things that have been going on:

Bionic - the CGM has been pretty nifty so far. I'm going to the conference tomorrow and I'll enjoy Lake Muskoka for the weekend. When I get back, I will have some specific comments on my experience.

Composition - I had Auskultu Bonvolu performed last night. It was quite different than the reading in Winnipeg. I was generally quite impressed with the players here at UWO. They had the piece for about 3-4 days and they pulled off a very respectable performance.

Scholarships, pleeeeeease! - I'm in the process of applying for SSHRC and OGS funding = kill me now. I hate paperwork and trying to sum up what I will be planning on doing for my thesis into a succinct little writeup. Two pages should NOT take this long.

Birthday - I am now 24 years old. It really doesn't feel any different. The phone was ringing off the hook all evening and my roommate didn't know why until a certain fun friend couldn't hold in her excitement and wished his a birthday as soon as he answered the phone. My parents had sent me a care package - a 20-some-odd pound, rather large box with no handles which I got to awkwardly carry through downtown. Nevertheless, it was filled with lots of good things, so I will forgive them.

Composition (version 2) - I found out that I will be writing for a piano trio this year. I get to write for piano AND strings, yay! I have to have the piece finished by the end of this term so the ensemble learns and performs it next term. This weekend, I get to work on sketching out the general framework of the piece and its textures and whatnot. I should probably get around to that. Maybe the beautiful lake this weekend will inspire me.

No comments: